Marked by the seal of the history, the surroundings of Loisey and Pierre are an invitation to the discovery of the rural and architectural heritage which takes place at the heart of a beautiful and generous nature.
Discover the city of Bar-le-Duc with its architectural heritage (15th to 18th century) exceptional earned him obtaining the labels 'City of art and history' and 'most beautiful Detours. Visit his neighborhood Renaissance in upper town which is one of the most remarkable Urban Renaissance:
Discover Church St Etienne of Gothic Style flamboyant nuanced a few Renaissance details on St Peter's square. It houses a work of Ligier Richier: Le Transi
Go up to the castle of the Duke of Bar to visit the Museum Barrois it includes:
- -Collections from the site of the antique Nasium and the barrois region, a rich set of stelae and Gallo-Roman bas-reliefs
- -Beautiful Merovingian jewels of the necropolis of Gondrecourt
- -A lot of remarkable Lorraine sculptures of the end of the 13th to the 17th century as well as paintings of the French, Italian and Flemish schools… link to Museum
Do not miss each year:
- Beginning of July the Festival of street and circus: rebirth
- Every Sunday in July August come listen to different music groups to concerts of the 'park Sunday,"
- Autumn discover the antique fair,
- In the spring come to the fair to the old papers and collections or you can hunt around and find rare items
- Early December check out with your children the famous feast of St Nicolas
More information on tourism in Bar-le-Duc
Discover the city of Ligny-Barrois is the only city in the East of France to be labelled "Village stage. The rich history of Ligny-Barrois and his belonging to the family of the Luxembourg for 5 centuries, has left a very rich heritage. With your children, you can discover this city through the game Philemon the Hedgehog for sale at the Office of tourism of Ligny-in-Barrois.
- Don't miss the Tower Valeran visits
- Take a walk in the Park of the Luxembourg which offers an array of spectacular vegetation year-round
Discover the city of Nasium Leuques. Nasium is 3 villages meusiens Naix – at les-Forges, Saint-Amand on Ornain and Boviolles where we discovered a gallo-Roman city. You can discover the excavations carried out but also don't miss the re-enactments of battles made by the association of the same name.
Discover the heritage of Gondrecourt-le-Château with the Priory of the Benedictines, which today houses the intercommunal School of music, the Museum of the horse.
© Michel PETIT
The city of Vaucouleurs celebrates thanks to Joan of Arc, who has taken up arms. Discover the chapel crèvecoeur, the door of France… With your children, see the Museum in a playful manner through a little game Jeanne d'Arc which focuses on the Johannine imagery. In summer discover the show 3D on Joan of Arc. Verdun, the time of day, come and discover the lives of the soldiers and visit the sites of heroism and memory that remains forever symbolic places.
World capital of the great war, Verdun is always synonymous with the biggest battle of the 20th century.
Sites of battles, high places of remembrance, fighting memory sites, destroyed villages, museums and Museum sites, as many testimonials left in memory, local identity, but also in the landscape.